Puppy Health Guarantee
In accordance with Florida Statutes 828.29(6), the consumer relinquishes his rights to
return the animal for congenital disorders, except for as follows:
1. Congenital Defects - if within 48 normal business hours a veterinarian certifies that
the dog is unfit for purchase due to a congenital or hereditary disorder, the consumer
has the right to choose one of the following options:
(a) The right to return the animal and receive a refund of the purchase price, excluding
the veterinary costs related to the certification that the dog is unfit.
(b) The right to return the animal and receive an exchange of equivalent value, but not
a refund of the costs related to the certification that the dog is unfit.
2. Infections - If within 14 days a veterinarian certifies that, at the time of the sale, the
animal was unfit for purchase due to illness or disease, the consumer has the right to
choose one of the following options:
(a) The right to return the animal and receive a refund of the purchase price
(b) The right to return the animal and receive an exchange of equivalent value
(c) The right to retain the animal and receive reimbursement for reasonable veterinary
3. Written certification of unfitness must be presented no later than 3 days following
4. 17 days after the purchase date the consumer is solely responsible for the health,
welfare, behavior and appearance of the pet.
5. Demodex mange and Hip Displasia are covered for 14 days after purchase.
For further details please read Florida Statutes 828.29(5,6) at
6. Hypoglycemia is a nutritional issue and is not covered by this guarantee unless
associated with an illness. The consumer accepts all responsibility for daily feeding.
Including supplements and force-feeding as necessary.
7. Reimbursement for veterinary costs may not exceed the purchase price of the animal.
8. The pet dealer shall make the refunds or exchanges not later than 10 business days
following receipt of a signed veterinary certification.
9. An animal may not be determined unfit for sale on account of an injury sustained or
illness contracted after the consumer takes possession of the animal.
10. A veterinary finding of intestinal or external parasites is not grounds for declaring a
dog unfit for sale unless the animal is clinically ill because of that condition.
11. Just Puppies inc. has the right to require the consumer to produce the animal for
examination by a veterinarian designated by Just Puppies inc.
12. Euthanisation the pet without our prior consent is a violation of our right to examine
13. A $100 reprocessing fee will be deducted from all non-medical returns. The
consumer has 2 days after purchase to return the puppy for non–medical reasons.
14. No demands for reimbursement will be honored unless all criteria in this contract
are met in a proper and timely manner.